Sunday, July 25, 2010

Date Day

Kevin and I went out on a date day yesterday and it was GREAT!! We did a whole lot of nothing, and enjoyed every minute. Things have been crazy around my house lately. Elana is getting more teeth (always fun). The girls are all sleeping in one room at night now so this has taken some major adjusting to. Work has been insane...I've had 5 placements already this month. Plus I'm trying to plan for when Kayla, Samantha, Sue and Troy come to visit later this summer. Anyways, Kev and I figured we needed a day just to ourselves...and guess what? We were right!

We rode the new Northstar Rail down to Minneapolis and got to the city at 11:00 or so. We had lunch right away at this nice little Irish Pub, then walked around the shopping district called Nicolette Mall. Of course Kev wanted to go to the homemade candy store, and I wanted to browse the bookstores. We had coffee, we talked, we laughed...It was PERFECT!! I couldn't have asked for better weather, or better company. Sometimes I think I need days like this to remind myself of how to be a wife. I get so caught up in playing the role of MOMMY and EMPLOYEE that it takes a good metaphorical slap in the face every now and again to bring me back to the reality that I am also a WIFE. LOL. I am hoping that we can do this again soon, when schedules and screaming children allow :D

No comments: